Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween

       Halloween is coming up, it's always been one of my favorite holidays.  Mainly because of the weather, apples, costumes, and campfires.  However, there is one thing I don't enjoy about Halloween.  It makes me think of my ex.  I first realized I had feelings for her on Halloween, when we were about to go trick-or-treating for the last time before we got "too old".  The next Halloween was when she broke my heart.  She knew I had feelings for her, and led me to believe that we would be in a relationship someday.  Yet then she decided to date a guy she hadn't seen in four years.
       So now I always have a love-hate relationship with Halloween; between apples, fall leaves, and campfires and the memories that haunt me.  Yet I still think of the times when she made me happy.
       As for a costume for this year, I am going as a zombie scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment