Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dorm Room Pillow Talks

        Last night my roommate and I were talking before we fell asleep.  She was asking me if I was attracted to any of my engineering friends, to which I said no.  She then asked how long it had been attracted emotionally to someone, which made me realize that it had been six years.  This prompted questions about that time.  I told her a little bit about the situation, replacing all "she's" and " her"  with "they".  (The fact that I don't remember what those are called shows I am an engineer.)  For a while she would ask a bunch of "he" questions, she assumed that it was a guy.  Then this portion of the conversation occurred:
       Her:   "You keep using "they", was there more than one?"
       Me:  "No, it was only one person."
       Her:  "Was it a guy?"
       Me:  "No."
       She then proceeded to ask if anyone had known about this relationship, or how I felt, and I gave her the honest truth of that everyone thought we were friends.
       So my roommate has some idea of my sexual tendencies are now.  I am sure there will be some pressing questions on her end in the future.  Have an awesome week, and if you're in the Upper Midwest, stay warm and safe, I hope you aren't getting cabin fever with the never-ending winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment