Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Friday, May 10, 2013

A Number of Things

1.)  Minnesota legalized gay marriage!!! And only after a few months after the attempted vote to ban it!

2.)  I am sure most of you have heard of the private Catholic school administration firing one of their teachers after finding out she was a lesbian.  Here's a link to more info:   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/carla-hale-update-gay-teacher-fights_n_3179138.html

3.)  I came to the realization during the last day of one of my thermodynamics class that I have developed a crush on a member of my study group, too bad she's in a relationship.

4.)  One of my best friends came out to me last week.  It's great knowing that someone in my group understands, yet it makes me feel a bit awful because I haven't said anything to them about my own sexuality.

Hope your summer is starting off fantastically, try to relax a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment