Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Closet Door

        My closet door has opened up more this weekend.  I came out to my three best friends on Friday evening.  We were sitting and talking & two of them asked me if I was interested in anyone down at school and if it was a man or a woman.  I told them that it was a woman.  One of my friends just shouted "CALLED IT!!"  Apparently they had discussed which one of us would be gay before.  It's nice knowing that I don't have to change pronouns, or sneakily check a woman out around them now.  Also TGIF's restaurants have really attractive waitresses.  Have a safe July 4th, don't mix fireworks & alcohol.  Stay cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment