Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Awkward...

       I went to a small house party last night that consisted of a bunch of engineers that I know.  I was doing my usual conversation hopping from group to group, staying sober all the while.  It gets to the point where I am in a room with two guys, one guy that I've known for a year, we'll call him Leroy; and a kid I've met this semester whom we'll call Greg.  We were sitting and chatting when all of a sudden Leroy says "So Greg, how long have you been in love with Jessie?".  Welp, this is awkward.  Leroy spends a good 20 minutes trying to get Greg to ask me out.  Finally I just leave, and successfully avoid him for the rest of the evening.
       I find it to be somewhat cruel fate or whatever that the girl Greg happens to develop a crush on is a lesbian.  We'll see how this will play out in the next few weeks until finals are over.  Enjoy the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment