Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Long time no post

       It's been awhile.  Summer has been going by way too quickly.  The Supreme Court recently decided that corporation CEO's can decide that their own religious beliefs can allow them to opt out of offering birth control to their employees.  I noticed that all the women were opposed, and for good reason.  I'm sure a lot of people don't agree with the CEO of their work place on some level.  I'm disappointed in the outcome, even though I won't need to use birth control.
       I've noticed lately that I've become somewhat jealous of one of my gay friends.  She is the stereotypical butch lesbian, so there is almost no need for her to come out to people.  I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl.  Have a safe fourth of july and don't let the mosquitoes bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment