Since I am unemployed, I am staying with my parents. Lately my mother has been telling me contradictory statements that are infuriating. Here is a list of what I mean:
- Finding a job is a full time job, spend 7+ hours on it a day.
- But also spend 2 hrs a day doing chores around the house
- Get outside during the day
- Find a hobby to work on, have fun
- Go volunteer someplace
- Find a job that you love and that gets your foot in the door
- Why aren't you trying to find a job? (Entry level biomedical jobs are hard to find/get)
- X job you applied for doesn't suit you, I don't know why you applied there.
- But why aren't you applying more?
This cycle has been going on for awhile. I swear she's gone crazy. I'm about to start applying to retail jobs, if I get one maybe then she'll stop bugging me. I guess I expected to have an easy time finding a job once I graduated from engineering, at least that's what everyone made it seem like. I have known a few engineers who have looked for jobs for 6-12 months before finding anything. We'll see how it goes.