Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Friday, July 22, 2016

Feeling Unwanted

       I've been feeling unwanted lately. I keep getting either no response from companies I've applied to, or rejected from positions. Most of my friends seem to make no effort to hang out with me even though I live 10 min from them. Dating is a no go right now, no income = no money for going out to meet people. I've been trying online dating, but women tend to hardly respond, no matter if I send "Hey, how's it going?" or if I try to talk about their hobbies. It's a bit weird feeling unwanted, because I also don't want to impose this on other people. Hopefully I'll find a job soon, I know that I am good at anything I set my mind to, but it's hard when you have little experience in the field. At least I can stay with my parents. Anyhow, hope you all are doing well. Stay safe and be kind to one another.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just found this blog!
    I hope things worked out for you.
    I just started a PhD Program and was thinking about documenting my experience in a similar way to you.
    Best,
    ~K

    ReplyDelete