Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Roommate Differences

       My roommate came back from a part with her boyfriend one night.  I had had a lovely evening of watching Princess Mononoke and listening to Joe Hisaishi music, and reading articles of Japanese shrines.  She asks me if I want to watch something, and I say "No, I'm good.".  This seemed to irritate her.  Her reasoning was that finals week is in two weeks, so she wants to hangout (her boyfriend would be staying).  My reasoning for staying in my own little world was that whenever I watch something with her and her boyfriend I never really enjoy myself.  Also she was complaining earlier of not seeing him most of the week.  I prefer to watch movies by myself when watching them for the first time.  Or with people who can stay more than 3 inches apart from each other (he seems to be unable to be farther apart than three inches).  I am sorry if I like time to myself, to learn about what I want to learn.  Sorry about the rant.  I recommend any Hayao Miyazaki movies, they are great!  Have an awesome weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment