Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Matchmaking

        My roommate has decided to be a matchmaker.  She says that one of her guy friends back home and I would be a good couple.  To some extent it amuses it, to another it rubs me the wrong way.  And yes, I am still closeted, I will try to let readers know when I am not.
        I don't know why I'm not attracted to men, I guess it's because I usually see them as friends or brothers, never in a sexual manner.  I mean sure I do notice when a guy has a well sculpted face, but it never goes farther than that.  I know straight women point out another woman's positive features, but they are never attracted to women.  I suppose it's a good thing that I am not attracted to men being  in engineering, it allows me to focus on my work.  Yet this also hinders me in finding a girlfriend of my own, since there are few females already there is a lower chance of find someone who is bi or gay.  I'll find someone special soon enough I suppose.
         Well I hope school or work are going well for you faithful followers.  Stay sane, have a cup of tea, read a book, go sledding, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment