Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hey Again!

       It's been a while since I've written, sorry about that!  I hope you all had a fabulous winter break or holiday break!  Mine was good, I don't really want to go back to school, I've gotten used to being at home, relaxing most of the time since I didn't work at the UPS store this year.  Anyhow, a funny thing happened the other day.  My mom wanted to know what made me attracted to men. I just nudged it off, mainly by giving her a lot of non-answer answers, if that makes any sense what-so-ever.  The next day my dad and I went to the mall to walk a few laps.  He said how mom never talked with grandma about what she is attracted to in a man.
       At this point we've walked past a store that sells henna tattoos and belly dancer costumes.  Then he says "You could always tell her you're dating a belly dancer."  The imagined reaction of my mom's face at that comment is hilarious!  That's all for now, School starts on Monday, I will do amazingly well this semester!  Happy New Year by the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment