Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, February 24, 2013

That moment...

       I had a pretty good Sunday for the most part.  I slept in a little bit, and did homework most of the day, with a few breaks here and there.  So I was out of the room for about nine hours.  I get back to the dorm, and my roommate and her boyfriend are watching an episode of something.  The episode finishes and they ask me if I want him to leave.  I say that he has a paper that he should finish editing, and trust me his papers need editing.  My roommate looks at me and says, but you won't be going to bed for another few hours.
       I take this to mean that the only way I can kick her boyfriend out is by saying that I am going to sleep.  At least next week is spring break, and that next year we will have separate rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment