Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Friday, October 11, 2013

"Fun Home"

       I just finished reading Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Allison Bechdel.  I am reading it for my Literature class that I'm taking to boost my GPA, and I finished it a week and a half early.  Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down.  I recommend reading it while listening to either Katie Herzig or Paper Aeroplane.  Anyhow, I could relate to her at some points, such as that random moment where you think "I'm gay." and everyone else continues their days and you have a huge pivotal moment.  I have a feeling of contentment after reading that book.  Radclyffe is another good lesbian author, although it's more of short novella romances.  Have a great autumn, I love this weather, the sunshine feels softer than it did in the summer which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment