Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Past few weeks

       The reason that I haven't posted in the last few weeks is because I've had at least 2 exams each week, which is highly time consuming in studying for them.  Recently the temperature has been going down, getting to about 40 degrees (Fahrenheit) at night.  Earlier this morning one of my roommates comes out of  his room and grumpily says "We are turning the heat on tonight."  What is funny about this is that I sleep naked and find it to be the perfect temperature to sleep in.  I mean sure, my toes get a little cold, but that it what blankets are for.  Another one of my roommates just turned the heat on to satisfy him for today, although I expect a confrontation about the thermostat in the near future.
      Halloween is coming up and I have decided to go as Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time.  If you don't watch the show, try it.  I understand it's not for everyone, but I like it because it's short, and I don't have to think about anything during that time.  Then there is the whole Bubbline theory (that Princess Bubblegum and Marceline used to date)  that comes from the episode "What Was Missing", and then comes up again in the episode "Sky Witch".  Anyhow have a safe and warm Halloween/ October, I will try to keep more up to date.

Edit:  It's fascinating how there is a gap in age where people don't want to dress up for Halloween.  From what I have witnessed it's high schoolers don't want to go out, then in college it's like we've gone back to kindergarten, we take naps at weird times and we enjoy all the holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment