Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Good Times

       Last night I went to a party with a number of friends and had a really good time.  Got a bit drunk sobered up, had a cigarette (yes I know cigarettes are bad), talked to a lot of people I have never met before.  Later on in the evening a girl needed a walk home, so Chad (Same Chad as last post) and I walked her back and then headed back to the party.  We had a really nice 20 min. chat about my sexuality.  Last year when I came out to him I was pretty drunk, and he said that the next week he had wondered if I had even remembered, which I did.  Apparently he hasn't told anyone else, although he has really wanted to tell his roommate (whom I'm also really good friends with) that I'm gay; but he hasn't.  He said that he doesn't feel like it's his right to do that.  Then we talked about women and what we like, and how he enjoys talking about that to me.  He also asked how many people knew, which is a few, and he's glad that I can trust him that much.  It was just really nice to be able to talk about my sexuality down at school, all the people who know are back at home, except for Chad.  But I had a great night last night, hope you all did also.

No comments:

Post a Comment