Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ethical Dilemma

        A while ago I worked at a children's summer camp.  It was there that arose an ethical dilemma, one that could be an interesting court case.  One of the camper's had been diagnosed with autism, that was severe enough that he had to accompanied by an aide.  Over the course of the camp the counselor's realized that he was raised in an evangelical Christian family, and was homophobic.  There was another kid who attended the camp who was openly gay.  I found myself wondering what the legal outcome would be if they ever physically fought,  in the end it's a gay child verses one with a developmental disorder.  What are some of your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment