Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Election

     The election terrifies me.  So far it's been really close, and as of Oct. 28th are:  48% to 48% Obama and Romney respectively (Gallup).  It terrifies me as an LGBT member.  I'm afraid that DADT will be put back into place, afraid that I will not be able to marry the one I love.  Back home they are having an amendment on the ballot that could ban gay marriage.  That one is close to half for, and half against.  We say that our government is a separation of church and state, yet this clearly isn't the case.
     One thing that I find interesting is that we only seem to hear Christians speaking to ban gay marriage.  I have always wanted to know how the Muslims, Hindus, Jewish, etc. communities feel about the LGBT community.  If anyone knows comment or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment