Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Monday, May 27, 2013

Boy Scouts

       The Boy Scouts have finally voted on allowing gay students join troops.  They still don't allow gay troop leaders though.
       I know before the vote a number of Eagle Scout members would mail in their badges, protesting the ban on gay teens.  I also remember reading that Girl Scouts accepted gay teens if they were refused from joining Boy Scouts.  However I know Boy Scouts is a lot better at keeping members than Girl Scouts is.  I always wished my Girl Scout troop had been more involved besides selling cookies.  I hope someday that the Boy Scouts will allow gay troop leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment