Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Thursday, January 30, 2014

One of those days

       So today started off pretty normal, then around noon things just started to go downhill.  It happens occasionally, like last semester when I missed a step and sprained my ankle.  But today I realized next Tuesday I will be booked for the entire day (yay (heavy sarcasm)).  I also missed a training session for my job because I failed to check my email in the hour notice, I did email my boss back to see if it could be tomorrow.  Then I was checking my email for a reply, walking down some stairs, when I missed a step and literally fell head over heels, skinning my knee and making a fool of myself to the person at the base of the stairs.  At least they helped my up.  I still have six hours of being in class and working on a group project for this day to get worse.  At least tomorrow is Friday and I get out of class early.  I can just relax, watch Game of Thrones, go on Imgur, or whatever I please, until I get the inevitable urge to do home for at least an hour.  Hope your days are fantasically wonderful!  Stay warm, drive safe.
      And the cherry on top was that I got a rejection for a summer internship, yes I know that I shouldn't be discouraged and that it happens all the time, but it was after falling down a flight of stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment