Pages

Purpose

I am a lesbian going into Mechanical Engineering. This blog is meant to do two things: a.) relieve the stress on myself from being closeted, and b.) to let people know that there are members of the LGBT community in engineering fields.

If you want to contact me, you can send an email to lgbt.engineer@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Winter Break

       I've had a pretty good decent break, even if it has been a bit cold lately.  Made candy with my best friends, gone to a few museum exhibits, cleaned the house, etc.  The past few days I've been applying for summer internships.  Hopefully I will get one, if not the place I worked at last summer offered me a job.  I've accepted the fact that I will be a fifth year senior, due to me retaking statics, I shouldn't have failed it in the first place, but things happen.  For those of you just starting college, there is no shame in retaking a course.  I'm hoping to come out to two of my engineering buddies down at school sometime this semester.  Stay warm in this arctic blast that we are getting, it sounds like we'll get another one in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment